Welcome to the Filoro website, operated by Filoro, Inc. (“Filoro”) and located at www.filoro.com (the "Site"). The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) govern your use of the Site.
In order to access certain content, material, products or services on the Site, you may be asked to register and create an account. As part of the registration process, you may be asked to click to agree to these Terms, and may then be asked to select or submit a user name and password. You may also be required to provide us with certain information about yourself including some types of personally identifiable information, including your legal name, phone number, address, email address, gender, and age. You are responsible for ensuring that your password and account login are kept secret, safe, and secure at all times. Filoro will not be held responsible or liable for any misuse of your account in the event that a third party has access to and uses your password and account login in any way.
When placing an order through the Site, you will be required to provide other personal information, such as shipping address, billing address, and payment details. Additional information may be collected by Filoro or its third party providers at this time for security and anti-fraud purposes. You represent that the personal information you provide to us via the Site is true, valid, complete and up-to-date in all respects, and you confirm that you are the person referred to in the shipping (unless the item is a gift) and billing information provided. Should any of the information you provide on the Site change, please login to your account and update such information directly on the Site.
Filoro uses a third party payment processor to process credit card transaction made through the Site. If you purchase products from Filoro or make any payments via the Site with your credit card, the credit card information that you submit to Filoro will be protected by encryption, such as with the Secure Socket Layer ("SSL") protocol. Encryption decreases the likelihood that your credit card information will be stolen or intercepted during transmission to Filoro. You are responsible for all charges incurred under your account, whether made by you or another person using your account.
- General Restrictions on Use
You will not (and will not attempt to): (a) gain unauthorized access to Filoro’s computer system or engage in any activity that interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality or security of the Site, the Services, Filoro’s networks and computer systems; (b) access any of the Site or the Services through any automated means or with any automated features or devices (including use of scripts or web crawlers); (c) access or collect any personally identifiable information, including any names, email addresses or other such information for any purpose, including, without limitation, commercial purposes; (d) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, or resell any aspect of the Site or the products or Services for any purpose; and (e) reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade or resell any products or services bearing any trademark, service mark, trade name, logo or service mark owned by Filoro in a way that is likely or intended to cause confusion about the owner or authorized user of such marks, names or logos.
As between you and Filoro, Filoro owns or licenses all information and materials, including logos, designs, titles, phrases, product names, images, illustrations, icons, photographs, and the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, and other intellectual property rights associated therewith, in or made available through the Site (“Site Content”), as well as the selection, coordination, arrangement, and organization and enhancement of the Site Content. All Site Content is protected pursuant to copyright, trademark, patent, and other applicable laws. You agree not to remove or alter any copyright notice or any other proprietary notice on any Site Content. As between you and Filoro, all names, trademarks, symbols, slogans, or logos appearing on the Site are proprietary to Filoro or its affiliates, licensors, or suppliers. Use or misuse of these trademarks is expressly prohibited and may violate federal and state trademark law. Under no circumstances will you have any rights of any kind in or to the Site Content, other than the right to use the Site Content in accordance with these Terms.
Certain features of the Site may allow you to contribute feedback, reviews, and other information to the Site for access, use, viewing, and commentary by other users of the Site (collectively, “Comments”). By posting Comments, you represent that you have the full legal right to provide the Comments and that use of the Comments by Filoro on the Site, and all other persons and entities, will not: (a) infringe any intellectual property rights of any person or entity or any rights of publicity, personality, or privacy of any person or entity, including as a result of your failure to obtain consent to post personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person; (b) violate any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or agreement; or (c) constitute disclosure of any confidential information owned by any third party. Upon your submission of Comments or other material or information to Filoro, you grant Filoro a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable, license to access, use, distribute, reproduce, display, modify, create derivative works based upon, and sublicense the Comments, all without any compensation to you whatsoever. For avoidance of doubt, Filoro shall be under no obligation: (1) to maintain any Comments in confidence; (2) to compensate you in any way for your Comments; or (3) to respond to any Comments.
- Errors, Inaccuracies, and Omissions
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on this Site. However, since the actual colors you see depend upon your computer and monitor, we cannot generate that the display of any color will be completely accurate. Occasionally there may be information on the Site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information on the Site is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order). We cannot and do not review all communications, products, or services made available on or through the Site, but, although not obligated to, may review, verify, make changes to or remove any Comments, Site Content, or the Site, including information submitted in connection with the Site Content or other features at any time, with or without notice in our sole discretion.
- Disclaimers and Warranties
Filoro reserves the right to change the assortment of items offered and to limit the quantity of items that may be purchased from time to time and at any time, without prior notice. We also reserve the right to alter the terms or duration of any special offers or sale promotion. Filoro is not liable in case of stock outage or unavailability of products. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear at the Site, but we cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
Filoro expressly disclaims, to the fullest extent permitted by law, any express or implied warranties: (i) that the Site, Services, Site Content, goods, advice, information or links provided on the Site will meet your requirements; (ii) that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from error; (iii) that defects in the operation or functionality of any software provided to you as part of the Services will be corrected; (iv) regarding the Site Content, goods, services, advice, information or links provided by any third parties or users; (v) that the Site, Site Content, goods, services, advice, or information displayed on the Site will meet your requirements; and (vi) that the Site will be error-free or that any errors will be corrected. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these Terms.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of any Site Content and Comments may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Please be advised that we do not guarantee that any information sent to or from our Site will be secure during transmission, nor can we guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to us via the Site or the Internet, including, for example, personal information such as your name or address. Filoro assumes no responsibility for: (a) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any communication; and (b) any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the Site, including any injury or damage to you or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from use of the Services or the Site.
No conditions, warranties or other terms (including any implied terms as to satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose or conformance with description) apply to the Site, Site Content and/or Services except to the extent that they are expressly set out in these Terms.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL FILORO BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OTHER THAN ACTUAL AND DIRECT DAMAGES PROVEN IN A COURT OF LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL FILORO’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PRICE YOU PAID FOR THE PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM. IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF FILORO AND ITS LICENSORS SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10).
Without limiting the foregoing, you understand and acknowledge that Filoro shall not be liable to you for:
- Any indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary losses which may be incurred by you arising out of your use of, or inability to use, the Site or the Services, including any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation, or any loss of data suffered by you; or
- Any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of: (i) any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, or as a result of any relationship or transaction between you and any advertiser or sponsor whose advertising appears on the Site or the Services; (ii) any changes that Filoro may make to the Site or Services, or for any permanent or temporary cessation in the provision of the Services (or any features within the Services); (iii) the deletion of, corruption of, unauthorized access to, or failure to store, any content and other communications data maintained or transmitted by or through your use of the Site or the Services; (iv) the use of any products or services obtained on or through the Site; or (v) any other matter relating to the Site, the Services, the Site Content, or the Comments.
The limitations on Filoro’s liability to you in this Section 7 shall apply whether or not Filoro has been advised of or should have been aware of the possibility of any such losses arising.
- Links To Other Sites
- Complaint Procedures
If you believe that any content or postings on this Site violates your intellectual property or other rights, please notify Filoro by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a comprehensive detailed message setting forth the following information: (a) your name and the name of your company, if any; (b) your contact information, including your email address; (c) the nature and substance of your complaint, the specific rights at issue, and your basis for making the complaint, including the content or posting that is objectionable; and (d) the following statement: “The statements, representations, and assertions made in this message are true, complete, and accurate and I have the full legal authority to make each and every such statement, representation, and assertion and to make and be granted any demand made in this message.”
- Dispute Resolution
Any dispute arising out of these Terms shall be resolved exclusively through final and binding arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”). Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, and court review of an arbitration award is very limited. However, an arbitrator can award the same damages and relief on an individual basis that a court can award to an individual; and an arbitrator must also follow the terms of these Terms, as a court would. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to arbitrability and the scope or enforceability of this agreement to arbitrate shall be for a court of competent jurisdiction to decide. Arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, unless Filoro elects otherwise.
The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the State of California. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Filoro users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving the same Filoro user to the extent required by applicable law. The arbitrator's award shall be final and binding, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA's rules, unless otherwise stated in this Agreement to Arbitrate. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, at your request, Filoro will pay all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration. Any request for payment of fees by Filoro should be submitted by mail to the AAA along with your demand for arbitration and Filoro will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to the AAA. If the value of the relief sought is more than $10,000 and you are able to demonstrate that the costs of accessing arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of accessing a court for purposes of pursuing litigation on an individual basis, Filoro will pay as much of the filing, administration, and arbitrator fees as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the costs of accessing arbitration from being prohibitive. In the event the arbitrator determines the claim(s) you assert in the arbitration to be frivolous, you agree to reimburse Filoro for all fees associated with the arbitration paid by Filoro on your behalf that you otherwise would be obligated to pay under the AAA's rules. If an arbitrator or court decides that any part of this agreement to arbitrate is invalid or unenforceable, the other parts of this agreement to arbitrate shall still apply.
You can choose to reject this agreement to arbitrate by mailing us a written opt-out notice (“Opt-Out Notice”). The Opt-Out Notice must be postmarked no later than thirty days after the date you accept these Terms for the first time. You must complete the Opt-Out Notice form by providing the information called for in the form, including your name, address (including street number and address, city, state, and zip code), phone number, and the email address used to log in to the Filoro account to which the opt-out applies. You must sign the Opt-Out Notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt out of the agreement to arbitrate. If you opt out of the agreement to arbitrate, all other parts of these Terms will continue to apply. Opting out of this agreement to arbitrate has no effect on any previous, other, or future arbitration agreements that you may have with us.
The Site is controlled and operated from within the United States. Without limiting anything else, Filoro makes no representation that the Site, Site Content, Comments, services, products, information or other materials available on, in, or through the Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where they are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable laws.
Schedule 1. Terms and Conditions
1. You are shopping on a merchant’s website (the “Merchant”).
2. If you place a Qualifying Customer Order, the Product(s) that you are purchasing will be sold first by the Merchant to Passport Global Inc (“Passport”), and then by Passport to you under these Terms and Conditions. Your payment information, shipping address, and any additional information required or requested to complete your order will be shared directly with Passport and its nominated agents and contractors, in order to enable Passport to complete your Qualifying Customer Order.
3. Your Qualifying Customer Order is subject to: (1) these Terms and Conditions; and (2) any relevant terms and conditions imposed by the Merchant. By completing your purchase, you confirm that you have read and agree to be bound by all of these. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website, you understand and agree that:
3.1 You are dealing with and providing your information to Passport. Passport may contact you about your order.
3.2 If there is an error in the price listed for a Product on the Merchant’s website, or in the price applied to the product during the sale of and processing of your order for the Product, Passport and its nominated agents are entitled to contact you, correct the price, and/or cancel your order.
3.3 The Merchant remains responsible for handling payment for your order.
3.4 Once your payment is processed, ownership in the items will shift from Passport, to you.
3.5 Certain addresses will be ineligible for shipment, such as PO box addresses.
3.6 Passport may refuse service, refuse to process or complete Qualifying Customer Orders, remove or edit content, or cancel such orders for any reason or for no reason, in its sole discretion.
3.7 If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, approval of your parent or guardian is required to complete your purchase.
3.8 You authorise Passport and its nominated agents and contractors to perform any of the following activities in connection with the delivery of any Products: (i) to act as your agent to make and file customs declarations and all related actions as your direct representative, which expressly includes completing any documents, amending product or Harmonised System codes, and paying any duties, taxes or penalties required under applicable laws and regulations; (ii) to act as forwarding agent for customs import and export control purposes solely for the purpose of designating a customs broker to perform customs clearance and entry; and (iii) to redirect an order to your customs broker or other address upon request by any person whom Passport’s nominated agents and contractors believe in its reasonable opinion to be authorised.
4. Currency. You may select your preferred payment method and currency from a list of options available at the time of checkout. Please note that the relative value of currencies may vary, and as a result, the actual purchase price for items in your order may vary based on the currency selected.
5. Billing. If you use a payment card or other electronic form of payment as your payment type, the charges to your account for your order will be subject to the Merchant’s terms and conditions.
6. Shipping. Items in your order may be shipped via a single shipment, or via multiple shipments. If items in your Qualifying Customer Order are shipped via multiple shipments, or if your order is only partially filled and shipped, you will only be charged for those items that are actually shipped to you.
7. Chargebacks, Fraud Prevention and Void Transactions. For your protection, Passport may use various fraud prevention protocols and policies, and industry-standard verification systems, to reduce fraud and minimize chargeback risks. You must comply with such protocols and policies, including card authentication, and “ship to” and “bill to” address verification. Once an order is placed, you may not change any authenticated payment information or any verified “ship to”/“bill to” address. If there is a systemic error which results in the processing or acceptance of a transaction for which authorisation has been declined, that transaction will be void.
8. Customer Service and Returns. Questions or complaints about your order should be directed to the Merchant in the first instance. Passport may work with the Merchant as necessary to resolve your issue. The Merchant is authorised to allow for returns or refunds on orders in accordance with the Merchant’s policy, including to reimburse you for the original sales prices of Products returned to the Merchant’s nominated address. Passport may however refuse any return requested if a restriction applies to the item for which the return is requested. You accept that your sole remedies are against the Merchant. Where a return by the Customer is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, Passport shall also have the right to return the item to Merchant and accordingly the Merchant shall issue a credit note to Passport and Passport shall provide a credit note to the Customer, and Passport’s direction, ownership and risk in the Products for return shall pass directly to the Merchant. Where a return is authorised by Passport or the Merchant, the Merchant shall, at Passport’s direction and acting in its name, provide a credit note to the Customer to the extent of the value of the Product(s) authorised to be returned directly to the Merchant. In relation to any return of Products to the Merchant, you authorise Passport and its nominated agents to act on your behalf, and to recover for its own account, any import duties and taxes. If required, you will sign any such document that is reasonably required to facilitate the return of the Products and the recovery of any import duties and taxes.
9. General Terms. The following general terms apply whenever you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website:
9.1 Compliance with Applicable Laws. You certify that any Products purchased through a Qualifying Customer Order will not be imported, exported, sold, or transferred in violation of any applicable laws, including without limitation the United States Export Administration Regulations or applicable United States sanctions and embargoes administered by the United States Treasury Department, and equivalent statutes, regulations and codes of England and Wales or the EU. It is your responsibility to know the laws of the country into which you are importing any Products that you order from the Merchant’s website. By placing a Qualifying Customer Order you certify that the import of the Products you have ordered to the country of the shipping address you have provided does not violate any laws or regulations of that country.
9.3 Electronic Communications. When you place a Qualifying Customer Order through the Merchant’s website, you are communicating with Passport electronically, and you consent to entering into this agreement by electronic means, and to receive communications from Passport electronically/via email.
9.4 Modifications. You acknowledge that Passport may make changes to its system, policies, and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Passport will ensure that the current version of these Terms and Conditions is presented every time you make a Qualifying Customer Order on the Merchant’s website. You are responsible for reviewing these Terms and Conditions each time you make a Qualifying Customer Order. If you do not agree to any change in the Terms and Conditions, you must not complete your order. Any order placed after the effective date of a change will constitute your agreement to the change and to the current Terms and Conditions .
9.5 Severability. If any or any portion of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that term or portion of terms will be severed, and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms.
9.6 Proceedings. Any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions must be brought in the courts of California, United States, and you hereby irrevocably agree to the jurisdiction of the courts of California, United States for all such purposes.
9.7 Language. The parties have agreed and expressly requested that this agreement and all documents related to it be drawn up in English.
9.8 Definitions. “Member State”, “third country” and “third territories” as defined in Article 5 of Council Directive 2006/12/EEC. “Products” means those goods offered for sale via the Merchant’s website which are not of a class or description subject to any duty of excise whether or not those goods are in fact chargeable with that duty, and whether or not that duty has been paid on those goods, or prohibited or restricted goods were they to be imported into the UK, and which are not subject to any restrictions on export, sale, or transfer in violation of any Applicable Laws. “Product Prices” means the prices including VAT at the appropriate rate of the Products as held out for sale to Customer by the Merchant and accordingly, by Passport to Customer; and “Product Price” means the price of an individual Product. “Qualifying Customer Order” meets all of the following conditions:
(A) It is an order for Product or Products placed via the Merchant’s website which are to be transported from:
- a third country or territory, excluding Northern Ireland (“NI”), to an address in a Member State of the EU (e.g. USA to France);
- a third country or territory, excluding the UK, or from a Member State of the EU to an address in Great Britain (e.g. Germany to England); or
- a third country or territory, excluding NI, to an address in NI (e.g. USA to NI); and
(B) In relation to the transport of a Product or Products to an address:
- in Great Britain or NI, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed £135 (one hundred and thirty five) British Pounds Sterling; and
- in a Member State of the EU, the total intrinsic value of the Product or Products comprising that order does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros, or where Products comprising an order exceed that sum but are sent in separate consignments, the intrinsic value of each consignment of which the Product or Products form part does not exceed €150 (one hundred and fifty) Euros.
Last Updated: 9.29.21